Pimples that keep coming back and get bigger and infected become acne. This skin condition is not simple. Acne can leave marks, especially the acne vulgaris (cystic acne). Due to acne breakouts, the skin’s surface layers are damaged and can cause acne scars. These scars can be very visible because they can be drier than the surrounding skin. It is really depressing to see them on your face. Nobody wants to have a rough face. In order for you to get rid of them, you need to remove the dead and discoloured skin. This isn’t easy though. Some people who have this problem resort to seeking help from a dermatologist for a series of treatments. However, if you don’t have the means to undergo an expensive treatment or you just want to get rid of it without harmful chemicals then, check the following tips on how to smooth acne scars naturally.
Home Remedies that Work to Smooth Acne Scars Naturally
The following home remedies are great for treatment of zits / pimples /acne scars.
- Olive oil. Soak your skin in olive oil (1 tbsp). Pour the oil in a small bowl and use your fingers to apply it onto your face. Apply pressure to the skin. Move your hands in a circular motion. Focus on the areas with the most discoloration. After two minutes, place a steaming hot washcloth over the skin. Wipe off the oil when the washcloth cools down. Do it twice a day to loosen your dead and discoloured skin.
- Baking soda. To scrub the loosened skin, you can use baking soda as a facial exfoliant. Mix baking soda with water and apply it to your face. Do it three times a week.
- Peppermint oil. Massage the oil into your skin two-three times daily. It won’t cure the acne but will lighten the scar.
- Whit sugar. Rub some grains of sugar on your face for one minute. Rinse it off with water. You can do it three times daily.
- Carrots. Mix crushed or cooked carrots to a degreasing dissolving powder. Apply the paste to your face until it dries up. This will remove or lighten the scars quickly.
The removal of the scars may not be that easy and quick but with patience, faith, and the right kind and amount of treatment, you will be able to eliminate the scars caused by acne.